To engage in collaborative activities that contribute to a reduction in global food-borne illness attributed to fresh produce, by:
• Influencing the political discussion relating to food safety issues and food safety standards (e.g.: Codex, ISO, GlobalG.A.P. and GFSI) that affect the produce industry,
• Acting as a forum for comment, discussion, strategy development and action on issues relating to food safety in the produce industry,
• Informing our supply chain stakeholders on issues relating to food safety in the produce industry,
• Identifying food safety compliance, regulatory, implementation and industry issues and to leverage our international networks to address such issues, and
• Ensuring members are aware of food safety incidents and responses. Use this information to enhance prevention of, preparation for, responses to and recovery from food safety incidents.