Overall objectives of IFPS
• In conjunction with stakeholders in the industry to improve the supply chain efficiency of the fresh produce industry through developing, implementing and managing harmonised international standards.
• To act as a forum for comment and discussion on issues relating to international standards as they affect the produce industry.
• To make recommendations and advocate appropriate courses of action in relation to international standards that affect the produce industry.
• To develop, implement and manage an international standard for Price Look Up (PLU) numbers.
• The doing of all such other things as are incidental or conducive to attainment of these objectives.